Mission of the International JPIC Committee
The International JPIC Committee:
- Raises awareness of justice issues of interest to the Congregation
- Works for systemic change through education and advocacy efforts
- Addresses global and country issues from the lens of the Gospel and the Bon Secours charism: compassion, healing and liberation
- Networks nationally and internationally with other groups working for peace, social and eco justice
The Sisters of Bon Secours are members of UNANIMA International, a non-governmental organization (NGO) advocating on behalf of women and children (particularly those living in poverty), immigrants and refugees, and the environment, whose work is primarily done at the U.N.
Sr. Theresa Margot Benítes Montero, CBS (Peru)
Sr. Fran Gorsuch, CBS (USA)
Sr. Mary Beth Hamm, SSJ, Co-chair
Sr. Mary Leamy, CBS (Ireland)
Sr. Anne Marie Mack, CBS (USA), Chair
Sr. Noelia Lara Núñez, CBS (Peru)
Sr. Marguerite Provost, CBS (France)
Sr. Alice Talone, CBS (USA)
Sr. Katherine Tierney, CBS (Ireland)
Sr. Yolanda Morales Valiente, CBS (Peru)
Sr. Chris Webb, CBS (USA)
Deepening our living of the MIssion Focus Statement we call each other to respond to emerging challenges and:
- to advocate to end violence in all forms
- to cry out against human trafficking
- to promote the integrity of the environment and ecological health
As prophetic women we will advocate on behalf of the marginalized. We will support legislation that favors the most vulnerable.
The Sisters of Bon Secours began in Paris, France around the time of the French Revolution caring for the sick and dying in their homes...
For us it was all about bringing people to wholeness and helping them know that there is a God who loves them...
Is God calling you to a vocation in religious life as a vowed Catholic sister? Becoming a sister opens a world full of possibilities...